Re: Italian translation update and double single quote

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Giuseppe Sacco <giuseppe(at)eppesuigoccas(dot)homedns(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Italian translation update and double single quote
Date: 2006-05-22 07:16:36
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:

> I found that messages often display with two single quote ('') instead
> of a single quote. This happens in messages that do not have arguments
> ({0}, {1}, ...).
> I know that if the message include arguments, than all single quotes
> should be doubled. I didn't know what to do when arguments aren't
> present.

The translation code did something like this:

if (args != null && message != null) {
message = MessageFormat.format(message, args);
}
return message;

So if it didn't have arguments it didn't get run through the message
formatter. I've adjusted the code to format all messages whether they
have arguments or not in 8.0, 8.1, and HEAD.

Kris Jurka