Re: Is this error correct/possible?

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Joost Kraaijeveld <J(dot)Kraaijeveld(at)Askesis(dot)nl>
Cc: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Is this error correct/possible?
Date: 2005-08-23 14:55:57
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:

> What if you don't have a choise? E.g. the database is already in
> SQL_ASCII? Can I convert the database from SQL_ASCII to UNCODE?

Yes, but this requires a dump and restore.  Additionally since you have
some non-unicode data in there, it may require running something like
iconv over the data before reloading it.  This can be especially messy if
you've got multiple encodings in there already.  It all depends on the
uniformity of your existing data.

Kris Jurka