Re: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: canceling query due

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com,pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: canceling query due
Date: 2005-08-19 17:08:42
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Kevin Grittner wrote:

> I'm curious whether "SET statement_timeout=n" sets this for a
> connection.  If so, wouldn't it be a good thing to update the JDBC
> setQueryTimeout and getQueryTimeout methods to use these SET and SHOW
> statements?

Yes, it sets it per connection, but the problem is that the JDBC level
needs it per Statement.  So we'd have to set/reset it for each command.
I was originally concerned about thread safety and transactions, but
thinking about it some more now the monitor around QueryExecutorImpl
should protect against that.  Maybe this is easier than I thought.

Kris Jurka