Re: pgsql XA with weblogic 8.1?

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Jan de Visser <jdevisser(at)digitalfairway(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql XA with weblogic 8.1?
Date: 2005-11-29 05:50:51
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Jan de Visser wrote:

> Well, that wasn't it. I debugged a bit, and it turns out that WL sends a
> start(xid,TMJOIN) when committing entity EJBs. Don't ask me why (I'm not an
> XA expert by any stretch of the imagination). What I did is took the
> pragmatic approach, and allow a TMJOIN if the connection is in STATE_ENDED
> and if the xid is the same as the current xid. This seems to work.

What's the order of calls made?

start(xid, TMNOFLAGS)
end(xid, TMSUCCESS)
start(xid, TMJOIN)
prepare(xid)
commit(xid, false)

or does the start call only happen once, with TMJOIN instead of TMNOFLAGS.
It's tough to get an idea of what calls are actually being made and on
which connections. Any chance you could send us a log trace using
Oliver's new logging code in 8.2dev with loglevel=2?

Kris Jurka