Re: Again the JSCreator and Metadata issues

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: pedro farinha <op217537(at)mail(dot)telepac(dot)pt>
Cc: "jdbc(dot)postgres" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Again the JSCreator and Metadata issues
Date: 2005-11-25 05:57:25
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, pedro farinha wrote:

> Can you tell me if this fix (if that) will be included in the cvs? or in
> a snapshot? I would like to make a reference to it on the Sun forum.

Yes, this has been added in cvs, but I've yet to produce a new development
release. Due to some other driver events I'll put out a new dev release
on the official website in the next few days.

> One other issue:
> On the early-access feedback discussion there are some issues relating
> with changing the transaction isolation level in the middle of the
> transaction. You know anything about it?

See this message for an explanation:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2005-11/msg00112.php

I believe the spec suggested deferring the changing of isolation levels
until the next transaction begins, but we decided that could mask serious
coding errors because the isolation level wasn't actually changing at the
time of the call. Revisiting this is an option, but it still seems like a
bad idea to me.

Kris Jurka