Re: New italian translation

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Giuseppe Sacco <giuseppe(at)eppesuigoccas(dot)homedns(dot)org>
Cc: List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New italian translation
Date: 2005-06-12 06:04:02
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:

> as suggested, I downloaded the current translation from the web site
> instead of using what was available on CVS. This is an update that
> translate all strings.

You've attached head-it.po and sent a link mentioning something about 8.0,
but they are the same files. I've applied your translation to both
branches because they are reasonably similar, but they really are
different and should be submitted independently.

Also there are some problems with the translations themselves. In Java
MessageFormats there are special rules for handling single quotes:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/text/MessageFormat.html

The rules are kind of complicated, but the generally you just want to
double any single quotes that you'd use in normal writing.

Kris Jurka