Re: Updatable resultset with join query.

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Prasanth <dbadmin(at)nqadmin(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Updatable resultset with join query.
Date: 2005-04-08 23:06:47
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Prasanth wrote:

> I am trying to get an updatable result set using a join query.
> It does not work if I join it using where condition.
> (FROM table1, table2 WHERE table1.id1 = table2.id2)
>
> If I do it using INNER JOIN it works partially. What I mean
> is I can update one table but not the other.

It is actually a known bug that it works with the INNER JOIN. There is
code to try and determine if the query spans more than one table, but it
is very simple and only recognizes plain "," joins. Code was submitted to
improve this, but I did not take a good look at it. In any case it
probably isn't the direction you want things to go anyway.

Kris Jurka