Re: setObject on PGInterval throws "Unknown Type null"

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: Jean-Pierre Pelletier <pelletier_32(at)sympatico(dot)ca>,pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: setObject on PGInterval throws "Unknown Type null"
Date: 2005-01-25 23:27:59
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> What about when we prepare a statement with a null parameter, then later
> use it with a non-null parameter? There is some protocol code needed
> here to get the inferred types back.
>
> We currently break in the case where parameter types change between
> executions, but that's more easily fixable since we have all the
> necessary information already available.

I'm not sure I'm willing to make that distinction, they seem like the same
thing to me.  If we fixed the second case and found the solution to the
first intractable then you could make the case to require typed nulls, but
since the second case is broken that argument doesn't carry a lot of
weight with me.

Kris Jurka