Re: These Lists Are Being Cut To FOUR

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: These Lists Are Being Cut To FOUR
Date: 2004-11-10 08:26:22
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Mike Cox wrote:

> Hello. My name is Mike Cox. I am in charge of the changing of these
> postgresql lists. I have decided that we are going to drop most of the
> lists from the vote. We will only be making 4 lists into real Usenet
> newsgroups if we win the election.

For people who don't know what's going on here a recent discussion on
-general about getting postgresql registered as official usenet newsgroups
got ugly. Postgresql's use of comp.databases.postgresql.* isn't
officially endorsed so many news servers don't carry it. Someone started
the process of becoming an offical group, but rubbed some people the wrong
way and then people from news.groups started flaming away on the
brokenness of our mail <-> news gateways and it just degenerated from
there. Please ignore.

Kris Jurka