Re: JDeveloper

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Ron St-Pierre <rstpierre(at)syscor(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: JDeveloper
Date: 2004-11-02 01:12:52
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Ron St-Pierre wrote:

> *cough* *cough* of course *ahem* and now that I've supplied the correct
> one it's telling me
> that the connection has been refused, and to check hostname, port.etc.
> This isn't a new database
> or setup, I can still access it using pgAdminIII (just tried), I ssh
> into the server all the time, etc.
> I also tried to specify the port after the url (192.x.x.x:5432) but then
> it complains that I don't
> have a suitable driver. Any ideas?

Again I'm unsure of the URL you gave, but it should look like
jdbc:postgresql://db.mycompany.com:port/database

Are you using pgadmin from your desktop or the server? If you are using
it from the same machine as jdeveloper then the connection should look the
same to postgresql and should work. If you are using it from the server
then you may be connecting over unix sockets instead of tcpip sockets
which is a different situation. Double check the URL, the tcpip_socket
flag in postgresql.conf, and your pg_hba.conf settings.

Kris Jurka