Re: FW: Question about the postgres resultset implementation

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: "Tornroth, Phill" <ptornroth(at)intellidot(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: Question about the postgres resultset implementation
Date: 2004-10-13 21:03:16
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Kris Jurka wrote:

> I believe Peter's suggestion was to use a hashmap to cache the
> string->index mapping so that findColumn would only need to do the
> equalsIgnoreCase on the first call of that string, meaning once per column
> instead of for every call.

I've committed a fix to cvs following this suggestion.  The new findColumn
method looks like this:

Kris Jurka

public int findColumn(String columnName) throws SQLException
{
        Integer index = (Integer)columnNameIndexMap.get(columnName);
        if (index != null) {
                return index.intValue();
        }

        final int flen = fields.length;
        for (int i = 0 ; i < flen; ++i) {
                if (fields[i].getColumnLabel().equalsIgnoreCase(columnName)) {
                        index = new Integer(i+1);
                        columnNameIndexMap.put(columnName, index);
                        return index.intValue();
                }
        }

        throw new PSQLException (GT.tr("The column name '{0}' was not found in this ResultSet.", columnName));
}