Re: Installation Question

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: "Michael G(dot) Flanigan" <mflaniga(at)usc(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installation Question
Date: 2004-10-05 06:40:25
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Michael G. Flanigan wrote:

> Hello, my name is Mike. I am trying to install and run PostgreSQL JDBC
> Driver on a XP. I have J2EESDK 1.4.2. How do I go about installing or
> setting up the JDBC driver for my application? I am completely lost in
> the instructions on the website. Any help will do.

Are you sure you mean J2EE?  I'm guessing you mean J2SE instead (a client
application instead of something within an application server).  You just
drop the jar file into any directory and then it is simply a matter of
setting your classpath.  You can do this on the command line or through an
environment variable.  On my W2K machine I can set environment variables
via Control Panel->System->Advanced->Environment Variables, it should be
similar on XP.

If this doesn't work, let us know what you've tried, how you are starting
your application, and what error message you get.

Kris Jurka