Re: Question-set Query time out in Locking

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Vasanth Veeraraghavan <vasanth(dot)veeraraghavan(at)aspiresys(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Question-set Query time out in Locking
Date: 2004-09-24 10:09:50
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Vasanth Veeraraghavan wrote:

> I wrote a code,for setting querytime out for a querry,which is accessing
> a locked table.but when the time elapsed,the code is not throwing
> error.Kindly help me..

setQueryTimeout is not implement in the postgresql jdbc driver. There is
some concern over how to ensure that you only cancel the query you want
the timeout to affect. Using either the Statement.cancel() call or setting
and resetting the server statement_timeout variable look like they are
prone to race conditions, although I have not studied it in detail.

A client application that for example knew it was single threaded could
use the statement_timeout setting without risking an undesired cancel.

Kris Jurka