Adding JDK1.5 removing 1.1 support.

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Adding JDK1.5 removing 1.1 support.
Date: 2004-07-15 12:51:27
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
The new V3 protocol code has removed support for compiling with a 1.1 JDK,
but we still have the core implementation split between jdbc1 and jdbc2
classes.  Should be combine these all into jdbc2 or is there a reason to
keep these separate?

To add JDK1.5 support I originally considered an ant conditional
compilation method, but that was really ugly.  Another idea I have is to
create a jdbc3g subdirectory (JDBC3 w/ Generics) that wouldn't house any
implementation (AbstractJdbc3g* classes), but would just have the classes
to offer the API desired by the 1.5 JDK.  This means something like
AbstractJdbc2Connection.setTypeMap(Map) would be renamed to something like
setTypeMapImpl(Map) and setTypeMap(Map) would be added to Jdbc2Connection
and Jdbc3Connection while Jdbc3gConnection would have
setTypeMap(Map<String, Class<?>>) that would all just call setTypeMapImpl.
Does this make sense to people?

Kris Jurka

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Kris JurkaDate: 2004-07-15 13:40:59