Re: Postgresql .pdf docs for 7.4.2

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: M K <khurshab(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql .pdf docs for 7.4.2
Date: 2004-04-10 08:31:44
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, M K wrote:

> Ladies and Gentlemen:
>
> The .pdf documentation for PostgreSQL is generally
> very good and user friendly. I, however, noticed that
> the .pdf docs for version 7.4.2 have not only been
> merged into one big document but the Bookmarks (the
> side bar in Adobe Acrobat where a specific topic could
> be easily found and accessed) are also missing.

The act of combining the various manuals into one book has overloaded the
toolchain used to produce the 7.3 and earlier documents. The tools used
to produce the 7.4 documentation do not have support for bookmarks. While
regrettable the blame really lies with the openjade developers and there's
not much we can do about that.

Kris Jurka