Re: BUG #1119: DatabaseMetaData.getTables() returns not a

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Andy Jefferson <lists(at)ajsoft(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1119: DatabaseMetaData.getTables() returns not a
Date: 2004-03-28 19:14:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004, PostgreSQL Bugs List wrote:

> PostgreSQL version: 7.3.2
>
> If I call DatabaseMetaData.getTables(null,null,"my_table",null); I get a
> ResultSet with nothing in it (rs.getNext() == false)
>
> The table certainly exists in this DB !!

As with any jdbc problem the standard advice is to upgrade to the latest
stable version of the driver (the 7.4 series) available from here
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html which is backwards compatible
with 7.3 servers and see if the problem persists.

One of the things that we played around with for a while before agreeing
on how to handle it was the case of the name given and the name in the
database.  I don't recall what we did in 7.3.2, but currently you must
match the case exactly with the server's name ie MYTABLE won't match
mytable.  Another thing to try would be to put just "%" as the table name
and see what happens.

Kris Jurka