Re: Referential Integrity

From: "Joshua b(dot) Jore" <josh(at)greentechnologist(dot)org>
To: Rob <rob(at)obsidian(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, <postgresql(at)obsidian(dot)co(dot)za>
Subject: Re: Referential Integrity
Date: 2002-04-15 13:09:26
Lists: pgsql-novice

Temporarily disable the triggers on that table and then re-enable them
afterwards. The trick is to set pg_class.reltriggers = 0 to disable and
then restore it to the correct number of triggers afterward. Play with
pg_restore or search the recent (last month) archives for more on this.
If you give pg_restore enough information it will disable triggers oduring
the load. You'd want to read that for an example of the correct SQL. Also,
I posted last month two functions to disable/enable all non-system
triggers in on swell foop. Look in the archives for that.

Joshua b. Jore

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Rob wrote:

> Hi all,
> I've got a column in one of my tables that references another column in
> another table
> 	i.e. barcode REFERENCES product(barcode)
> Is there a way to drop this referential integrity for a while and then
> reinstate it?
> --
> Rob
> He who dies with the most toys ...