Re: Selects in server side functions

From: Alex Pilosov <alex(at)pilosoft(dot)com>
To: Neil Davis <npdavis(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Selects in server side functions
Date: 2000-10-28 03:36:58
Lists: pgsql-general
On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Neil Davis wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to figure out how to return more than one field using "SETOF".
SETOF is to return more than one record, not more than one field. Also,
SETOF is only currently working for SQL language functions.

What you probably need is following:
create procedure x returns foo ....

and create a table foo with list of fields you want to return.

That will work IFF you are not calling this function directly from the
client, but are accessing it from plpgsql code. If you are accessing it
from a client, it won't work. I don't know what will :)