Re: relation ### modified while in use

From: Alex Pilosov <alex(at)pilosoft(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: relation ### modified while in use
Date: 2000-10-23 03:28:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I think this happens after I create/modify tables which reference this
table. This is spontaneous, and doesn't _always_ happen...

Anything I could do next time it craps up to help track the problem down?

-alex

----
CREATE TABLE "customers" (
"cust_id" int4 DEFAULT nextval('customers_cust_id_seq'::text) NOT
NULL,
"phone_npa" character(3) NOT NULL,
"phone_nxx" character(3) NOT NULL,
"phone_rest" character(4) NOT NULL,
"e_mail" character varying(30),
"daytime_npa" character(3),
"daytime_nxx" character(3),
"daytime_rest" character(4),
"is_business" bool DEFAULT 'f' NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY ("cust_id") );

CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER "<unnamed>" AFTER DELETE ON "customers" NOT
DEFERRABLE INITIALLY IMMEDIATE FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE
"RI_FKey_noaction_del" ('<unnamed>', 'cc_charges', 'customers',
'UNSPECIFIED', 'cust_id', 'cust_id');

CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER "<unnamed>" AFTER UPDATE ON "customers" NOT
DEFERRABLE INITIALLY IMMEDIATE FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE
"RI_FKey_noaction_upd" ('<unnamed>', 'cc_charges', 'customers',
'UNSPECIFIED', 'cust_id', 'cust_id');