Starting Postmaster with -d2

From: Michael Fork <mfork(at)toledolink(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Starting Postmaster with -d2
Date: 2000-11-16 21:55:02
Lists: pgsql-general

I start postmaster with the following command:

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -d2 -i -o -F

And the debug log (attached) shows that postmaster has started
succuessfully. However, if I try to make any connections using psql, its
just sits at the prompt and does nothing. I would like to log all the
queries being issued so that I can be sure that all are optimized to use
indexes, etc. and, IIRC, -d2 is the option to do that. (FWIW, if I remove
the -d2, everything works fine)

System info:
Postgres 7.0.3
FreeBSD 4.2-BETA

Thanks

Michael Fork - CCNA - MCP - A+
Network Support - Toledo Internet Access - Toledo Ohio

Attachment Content-Type Size
errlog text/plain 3.4 KB