From: Angelos Karageorgiou <angelos(at)incredible(dot)com>
To: hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_hba.conf
Date: 1998-12-27 10:49:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have been using postgres for about 4 months now, and I have to admit
it is an awesome product , congrats to you all people but I do have a
lingering question

<pest mode>
in pg_hba.conf when my netmask is like below the authentication
mechanism works fine

host    databank        x.y.z.12   ident sameuser

but if I change my netmask to like below it does not work
any more. Am I doing something wrong or did I not understand thing correctly ?
I think it would be better security-wise to have netmasks for
individual hosts.
host    databank        x.y.z.12   ident sameuser
</pest mode>

BTW I am working in Greece and postgres with the Greek locale on BSDI3.1 works
fabulously ! Again congrats to the people who plugged in the locale code.

Incredible Networks LTD       Angelos Karageorgiou
20 Karea st,                  + (voice)
116 36 Athens, Greece.        + (fax)     angelos(at)incredible(dot)com (e-mail)