Re: [QUESTIONS] the JDBC Driver

From: Bryan Mann <bmann(at)whistle(dot)com>
To: Peter T Mount <postgresdev(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "Zed A(dot) Shaw" <shawz(at)asu(dot)edu>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [QUESTIONS] the JDBC Driver
Date: 1998-01-09 15:32:23
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, Peter T Mount wrote:

> [PM: I've CC'd the postgresql-interfaces list, as JDBC related stuff
> should go there]
>
> On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Zed A. Shaw wrote:
>
> > I just downloaded the PostgreSQL JDBC driver (at least, the guys who
>
> > Also, if anyone has run into any problems with this thing, I'd
> > appreciate your advice.  Thanks in advance.
>
> The driver is under continual development.

First thanks for the driver.  Very nice.

Perhaps you could add a .SUFFIXES line to your Makefile.

.SUFFIXES:  .java .class

For FreeBSD this is required till the system makefiles change to
support .java and .class.

Also the postgresql.jar rule barfs when trying to expand $^.
Perhaps there is a more general way of doing this by just listing
the directory 'postgresql'?

Bryan.
mailto:bmann(at)whistle(dot)com -*-  http://www.whistle.com/ -*- 415-577-7000
-----------------PC Computing '97 MVP Network Hardware----------------