Re: [INTERFACES] webserver interface

From: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)lan2wan(dot)com>
To: Craig Potter <mikado(at)omni(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] webserver interface
Date: 1999-09-27 15:00:57
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Craig Potter wrote:

> I am sure that this question has been asked many times, but I am new to this
> list and am searching for answers....
>
> How to I get Postgres on RH linux 6.2, Apache, talking to web page forms.  I
> am sure there is software for this.  Can anyone recommend anything & give
> tips on their method of doing this.

I use perl, along with the CGI and Pg modules (actually, mod_perl works
even better -- much faster!).;  Alternatively, you can use PHP3
(www.php3.org), an embedded HTML scripting language along the lines of
ASP.  It has a lot of really neat things like database connectivity
(including Postgres), graphics manipulation, regular expressions, and so
on.  It runs as an Apache module (you can run it as a CGI mdoule, but it's
sooo slow) and has a syntax based on Perl and C.

Brett W. McCoy
                                         http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy
To iterate is human, to recurse, divine.