Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL/ODBC/WinNT?

From: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)lan2wan(dot)com>
To: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
Cc: Jeffrey Lyon <lyonj(at)em-systems(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL/ODBC/WinNT?
Date: 1998-06-12 15:25:04
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Byron Nikolaidis wrote:

> > I think Windows NT has always been 32 bit. It's the 'regular' Windows
> > that became 32bit (sort of) with Windows 95.
>
> I don't know much about NT and was going from what other people said. If you
> say its 32 bit then I will go with that.

Linux and FreeBSD never had to brag about being 32 bit since they were
doing flat memory since their inception and didn't have to make it seem
like 32 bits was a 'new paradigm' in computing.

Brett W. McCoy
http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy
"The Number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
-- The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June, 1972