From: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)lan2wan(dot)com>
To: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
Cc: "Jackson, DeJuan" <djackson(at)cpsgroup(dot)com>, pgsql-questions(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] RE: [QUESTIONS] pgaccess
Date: 1998-05-06 18:45:37
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, 6 May 1998, Constantin Teodorescu wrote:

> Yes. PgAccess need and to be in the system /lib
> directory.
> PostgreSQL 6.3.2 had a little bug that was quickly fixed. He didn't
> define LINUX_ELF and the Makefile refused to generate the shared
> libraries (so).

That's exactly the answer I wanted to the question, where are the shared
libaries?  Thanks, Constantin!

> In RedHat 5.0, they decided to move the crypt function used by postgres
> from the libc library to a separate library  You will need
> to add -lcrypt when linking libpgtcl.

I think I ran into a similar problem a few months back with some other
software I was installing completely unrelated to postgres, and
discovered this.  I'll put in those fixes.  Thanks again.

Brett W. McCoy
"The Number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
   -- The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June, 1972