Re: Storing Large Objects

From: brew(at)theMode(dot)com
To: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
Cc: brew(at)theMode(dot)com, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Storing Large Objects
Date: 2005-04-19 00:44:21
Lists: pgsql-novice pgsql-performance

Bruno....

> Why not put the files somewhere where only the application can get at
> them instead of under the document root. That way they have to
> compromise your application to get at them. No amount of url guessing
> will give direct access.

Great idea. That's what I will do, no need to complicate my life (and
server) by storing the files as large objects in the database. It looks
like php's readfile function will do the job nicely.

Thanks Bruno!

brew

Strange Brew (brew(at)theMode(dot)com)
Check out my Stock Option Covered Call website http://www.callpix.com