Re: Need new project admin for unbundled Tcl interface

From: "Jason C(dot) Wells" <jcw(at)highperformance(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, L J Bayuk <ljb220(at)mindspring(dot)com>, Brett Schwarz <brett_schwarz(at)yahoo(dot)com>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Need new project admin for unbundled Tcl interface
Date: 2004-02-18 04:54:05
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I have been following this thread as I have recently adopted pgintcl as an
interface to write a simple windows app. This is my experience.

I chose pgintcl (an lbayuk project also, IIRC) precisely because of a lack
of windows binaries for libpq and libpgtcl and perceived staleness. I got
errors on load from the binaries that came with pgaccess, also stale. I
read something about stub-this and tcl version-that. I looked into a
build environment for windows and finally said phooey.

I googled my way to pgintcl, sourced it, and it just worked. L (what is
that first name anyway?) gave me something I could use. As a user, my
vote is always for something I can use. My $.02.

Thanks,
Jason C. Wells