Which Interface with Windows

From: "Jason C(dot) Wells" <jcw(at)highperformance(dot)net>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Which Interface with Windows
Date: 2004-02-03 05:41:13
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Where would you advise a TCL noob to start when considering TCL interfaces
for postgresql?

I am pretty sure that pgin.tcl is the way I will go, but I lack the
confidence owing to my noobness.  If someone would pat me on the head and
tell me, "You can't go wrong with pgin.tcl" I would be much obliged.

I have had trouble with libpgtcl because of the availability of windows
libraries.  I tried pgin.tcl and it "just worked" and that groovy to me.

Perhaps libpq.dll and libpgtcl.dll are available and current somewhere
that I have not noticed.  The only place I found them was in the pgaccess
distribution which seems to be getting stale.  Any pointers to binary
windows DLLs?

I could always fall back on PHP, but I kind of want to venture into TCL
and this seems like a great way to get started.

Thanks,
Jason C. Wells

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: L J BayukDate: 2004-02-04 01:36:43