Re: How to enable ODBC?

From: brew(at)theMode(dot)com
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to enable ODBC?
Date: 2003-04-11 13:00:28
Lists: pgsql-novice

Benjamin......

> Before that I added via webmin-web-interface
> "192.168.2.0/255.255.255.0/All databases/All users/No authentication
> required" to the allowed hosts.

> I tried to connect via MS-Access, but it failed:

In addition to allowing hosts, etc, I think pgsqld must be started with a
command line switch to allow tcp connections. I'm not sure of it exactly,
since I'm only running web server connections, but I think you are real
close to getting it working. You have to add it in inet.d, or however
you're distribution starts on boot up.

Sorry I'm not more specific, but I bet you almost have it... just one more
step.

brew

Strange Brew (brew(at)theMode(dot)com)
Check out my Musician's Online Database Exchange (The MODE Pages)
http://www.TheMode.com