Re: Postgres 7.3 announcement on postgresql.org

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>,<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres 7.3 announcement on postgresql.org
Date: 2002-11-30 04:00:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Justin Clift wrote:

> Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >

> > > FYI, Vince, I started reading all my email (using elm) in a special 120
> > > column wide, 38 row xterm.  There was just too much detail in those
> > > subjects i was missing.
> >
> > Doesn't do me much good if too often I don't have the luxury of a large
> > screen 'cuze I'm reading from a remote site with horrible resolution or
> > just an 80x25 screen.
>
> Would a better subject line, fitting in the smaller default width, have
> been something like:
>
> PostgreSQL 7.3 Released! by the PostgreSQL Global Development Group
>
> So hopefully it would look something like:
>
> 17096 Nov 28 PostgreSQL Public   (6733) [GENERAL] PostgreSQL 7.3
> Released! b
>
> Am thinking that regardless of the wording of the release, it doesn't
> hurt us to do simple things like re-arranging the Subject line to make
> things a bit more obvious.

Yes it would.  But while on the subject, why did you only mention it's
availability being on the advocacy site?  Are the ftp and website mirrors
now irrelevant to you?

Vince.
--
   http://www.meanstreamradio.com       http://www.unknown-artists.com
         Internet radio: It's not file sharing, it's just radio.