Re: Formatted man pages

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Formatted man pages
Date: 2002-02-22 12:10:44
Lists: pgsql-docs
On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian writes:

> > > But shouldn't it be in the doc tarball too?
> >
> > You could argue for them being in the docs tarball, but not for "too",
> > because these tarballs must be nonoverlapping (and you need to main
> > tarball anyway to do anything with the others).
>
> Oh.  I thought postgresql-7.2.tar.gz had everything.  I guess it has
> everything except the HTML docs.  I see now.  Makes sense.

Glad it makes sense to someone.  I, too, thought the main tarball had
everything.  It should.  I was under the impression that the base tarball
is the one you needed if you were only grabbing parts of the distribution.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com    http://www.pop4.net