Re: Added Encoding

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>, <e-tokuya(at)sankyo-unyu(dot)co(dot)jp>, <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Added Encoding
Date: 2001-11-26 03:19:58
Lists: pgsql-patches
On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > OK, when do we apply it?  It seems isolated to the encoding stuff.
> >
> > Yes, I think it's safe to apply them for 7.2.
>
> OK, I think I need a second "yes" vote on this because of the size of
> the patch.  However, few people know as much as Tatsuo about multibyte,
> so I will wait 24 hours and apply unless someone objects.

We've come along way since the days of 6.2 or 6.3 when every time Marc
wasn't paying attention a few more things were added during beta.  We're
into beta 2 or 3 now (I haven't seen the official b3 announcement yet),
isn't it a bit late to be adding?  I've seen quite a few complaints from
you guys about not being into RC mode yet, this will require at least a
beta 4 and possible beta 5 if there's a problem, no matter who the person
is or how much they know about anything.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com    http://www.pop4.net