Re: Pg on SMP half-powered

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Víctor Romero <romero(at)kde(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pg on SMP half-powered
Date: 2001-07-05 17:34:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers
What is the postgres process doing?  what does iostat show for disk I/O?
from reading this, you are comparing apples->oranges ... are the drives
the same on the non-SMP as the SMP?  amount of RAM?  speed of CPUs?  hard
drive controllers with same amount of cache on them? etc, etc, etc ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org