Re: developer's faq

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: developer's faq
Date: 2001-10-01 16:40:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > It is in the main cvs and copied into the web directory.  It is not in
> > > the web cvs.
> >
> > Where?   This is the only place I see it.
> >
> > $ locate faq-dev-english
> > /cvsroot/www/html/docs/Attic/faq-dev-english.html,v
> > /cvsroot/www/html/docs/Attic/faq-dev-english.shtml,v
> > $
>
> The pgsql CVS, not the www CVS:
>
>   $ ls pgsql/doc/src/FAQ
>   CVS/                    FAQ_DEV.html            FAQ_japanese.html
>   FAQ.html                FAQ_german.html
>
> I copy them to the web directory like the platform-specific FAQ's.

So you renamed it to faq-dev-english...  Ok.  I can get that out.

> > I'm already getting a few things out of cvs now (TODO and flowchard are
> > a couple) for the developer site.  WebCVS will be there whenever SOMEONE
> > gets around to some configuration changes I requested.
>
> TODO should not be in the www CVS either.  That is generated by txt2html
> and I copy that to www too.

I'm trying to get everything as automated as possible without having to
depend on any one person which is why I'm going into cvs to get it.  If
it doesn't belong in cvs, then why is it still there?  More importantly
if it's not going to be there, where will it be?  Should we put it in
the database?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com    http://www.pop4.net