importing from sybase

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: importing from sybase
Date: 2001-06-05 17:26:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'm trying to import data from a sybase bcp (tab separated dump) and am
encountering a really odd datetime type:

Mar 27 1994 12:00:00:000AM

I've been looking in the books but haven't found anything yet and see
nothing in any of the PostgreSQL docs. Anyone have any idea how I can
bring this data in without having to write something to read from the
sybase table and write to the postgres table? I'd like to use copy to
keep things simple.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com