Re: Re: Interesting Atricle

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <thomas(at)pgsql(dot)com>, "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: Interesting Atricle
Date: 2001-06-02 16:56:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2 Jun 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Yours too?  I turned off Java/Javascript to get it to load and I am on
> > > BSD/OS.  Strange it so univerally crashes.
> >
> > Really odd.  I have Java/Javascript with FreeBSD and Netscape 4.76 and
> > read it just fine.  One difference tho probably, I keep style sheets
> > shut off.  Netscape crashes about 1% as often as it used to.
>
> I can confirm turning off stylesheets fixed the crash on my system too.
> Vince, what disadvantages are there to keep stylesheets off?

Text placement and colors on some sites gets a bit out of whack.  Datek's
website has text on top of other text, but still works.  I trashed the
style sheets on the PostgreSQL website long ago and never used them on
other sites I write.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com    http://www.pop4.net