Re: Readysetnet FTP mirror broken

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Readysetnet FTP mirror broken
Date: 2001-05-04 12:29:30
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > On Thu, 3 May 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > If from the mirror's page, I click on the US mirror:
> > >
> > > ftp://postgresql.readysetnet.com/pub/postgresql/
> > >
> > > it comes right back with no change in the page. Looks broken.
> >
> > I can't get on right now 'cuze it has a limit of 60 users and there
> > are 60. What exactly did you see and what did you expect to see?
> > They rsynced both FTP and Web mirrors a few mins after 5 this am.
> > When you see multiple flags for a mirror, the left most (when reading
> > left to right, top to bottom like a book) is the mirror that rsynced
> > most recently - with the exception of www.ca which is hub. If they
> > haven't rsynced within the last 48 hours of the time you bring up the
> > page, the flag for that mirror is dropped from the page.
>
> [ CC'ed to docs.]
>
> This does help. My problem with readyset.net is that I tried it as an
> FTP mirror, and it just comes back to the original page. I thought if
> the limit was exceeded, it would display some error message.

I had a window pop up in netscape and tell me that the limit was 60 and
that it had 60 already on. But explain what you mean by the original
page. Are you going to an FTP mirror or a Web mirror? I just now tried
it and the limit is upped to 100, but it too is exceeded.

> Good to know ca. is hub.org.
>
> My bigest problem is that I commited some changes yesterday to:
>
> http://www.ca.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/admin/kernel-resources.html#SYSVIPC
>
> and I don't see them today. I wanted to send the URL to someone for a
> comment. I also looked for snapshot tarballs, and couldn't find
> anything newer than April 8. I just looked at the logs and it seems I
> introduced some problem here:

Not knowing what you changed, I just looked at the two pages, hub in one
readyset in the other and they look the same...

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com