Re: libpq++

From: Randy Jonasz <rjonasz(at)click2net(dot)com>
To: "J(dot) T(dot) Vermeulen" <jtv(at)cistron-office(dot)nl>
Cc: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: libpq++
Date: 2001-03-07 21:35:46
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi Jeroen,

I'm very interested in a total revamp of the C++ API. I'd like to mirror
the roguewave dbtools++ api in some ways as well as building a STL
compliant interface. Would you be interested in working together on this?

Cheers,

Randy

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, J. T. Vermeulen wrote:

> Is anyone maintaining libpq++? My patches are beginning to seriously
> overlap each other, making it hard to submit them individually.
>
> If there's nobody out there, I'd be willing to maintain this code and
> make more extensive changes. In particular, I would like to:
>
> - introduce exceptions instead of manual checking, as suggested in TODO;
> - update the manual;
> - review all the little consts, bools, explicits and such;
> - replace PgTransaction by a more fine-grained and exception-safe
> mechanism outside the PgDatabase hierarchy;
> - provide STL-conformant interfaces for iterating over result sets;
> - allow fields to be accessed in a type-safe manner;
> - ensure clean compilation under g++ 3.0;
> - bring functionality up-to-date with libpq if, as & where needed
>
> Would that be OK?
>

> Jeroen

> http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl

Randy Jonasz
Software Engineer
Click2net Inc.
Web: http://www.click2net.com
Phone: (905) 271-3550

"You cannot possibly pay a philosopher what he's worth,
but try your best" -- Aristotle