Re: regression test form

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: regression test form
Date: 2001-02-23 22:23:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Nathan Myers wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 03:53:14PM -0500, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> >
> > Yes there are some extra linuxes, if noone comes up with another distro
> > I'll lop the extras off. BTW, is VA Linux a distribution or just a tool
> > company??
>
> Debian is a pretty important Linux distibution, probably second only
> to Red Hat in number of installations. PG is packaged for it by
> Oliver Elphick, who is on this list. Debian is currently supported
> on x86, SPARC, PowerPC, M68K, ARM, and Alpha architectures.

Debian's already on the list. Right above Corel, at most I may reorder
them alphabetically.

> VA Linux is a hardware vendor. They ship with any of Red Hat, Debian,
> or Suse distributions installed, per customer preference.

Now that's really interesting. I saw something on tv in business news
and they never mentioned hardware, but were showing people shrinkwrapping
software and packing it in boxes. That'll teach me to look in on CNN!

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com