Re: Changing the HTML file extension

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Changing the HTML file extension
Date: 2001-02-12 00:21:54
Lists: pgsql-docs
On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com> writes:
> > [ a long list of places that might have links to documentation pages ]
>
> I think this discussion is largely pointless.  We have already made a
> substantial number of changes in the filenames of various doc pages
> since 7.0 (for instance, there aren't numbers in most of 'em anymore),
> and I didn't hear anyone objecting.  Asking that bookmarks not break is
> a little late at this point.

I agreed about the bookmarks but as to the files changing and noone
objecting, I wish I knew you were responsible BEFORE I answered all
the messages about missing links in the FAQs that pointed to number
type filenames, I could have simply forwarded them to you and saved
alot of time.  I think I will change the 404 page tho to tell folks
to send a note to the docs list if it's doc related.  If something
breaks everyone will know about it alot sooner.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com    http://www.pop4.net
 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking