Re: 'order by' and 'desc' not working in subquery using 'not in'

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: Rahul_g(at)ip(dot)eth(dot)net, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 'order by' and 'desc' not working in subquery using 'not in'
Date: 2001-07-31 16:06:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001 pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org wrote:

> Rahul Gade (Rahul_g(at)ip(dot)eth(dot)net) reports a bug with a severity of 1

Umm, 1? IIRC, order by in subqueries isn't even standard SQL, however
this should be taken care of in current sources so that you can use
order by ... limit in subqueries which sounds like what you're trying to
do (although your sample code doesn't include the limit)

As for temporary tables in plpgsql. If you're using 7.1, you should be
able to make this work by using execute.