Re: Two foreign keys in one table both referencing same record in primary table gives error on update of primary table

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: bob(at)iway(dot)nl, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Two foreign keys in one table both referencing same record in primary table gives error on update of primary table
Date: 2001-07-18 21:58:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Yes, it's because it sees the intermediate
state (6,1) when it shouldn't (it processes
each foreign key separately and does the cascade
update which places it in an "invalid" state
since the 1 key no longer exists).

I believe the fixes I've been working on for deferred
constraints will make this case work as well.