Re: cannot index functions with multiple arguments

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: smarlowe(at)ihs(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cannot index functions with multiple arguments
Date: 2001-01-31 16:59:59
Lists: pgsql-bugs

IIRC, index functions can take multiple arguments, it's just that
they cannot take constants. I think the values must all be columns
of the tables. So for example, this should work (seems to at
least create on 7.1beta3):
create table aaa (a int, b int, c text);
create index blah on aaa(substr(c,a,b));