Re: \du in psql patchp

From: Alex Perel <aperel(at)verticalscope(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: \du in psql patchp
Date: 2001-01-08 21:00:20
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Alex Perel writes:
>
> > I quickly put together a patch to psql that allows one to view current
> > system users. The code is very simple, but it seems to work.
> >
> > The usage is as follows:
> >
> > database=# \du [username]
>
> Hi, we're currently in beta, but this one seems reasonable to add in 7.2.

Great, that's perfectly fine for me.

> > I apologize in advance for my lack of C skills, and I will gladly
> > accept any criticism or advice. I'm hoping I can figure out a way
> > to write an equivalent for groups, once I determine how to
> > get around the grolist integer[] column in pg_group.
>
> I think the pg_group table will be redesigned in 7.2 so it can be queried
> better.

Excellent! Is there any way I can help out with that? Do you have any
pointers to where the relevant code is? I've tried looking but didn't
come up with anything.

Alex G. Perel -=- AP5081
veers(at)disturbed(dot)net -=- aperel(at)verticalscope(dot)com
play -=- work

Disturbed Networks - Powered exclusively by FreeBSD
== The Power to Serve -=- http://www.freebsd.org/