Re: GNU readline and BSD license

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alfred Perlstein <bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GNU readline and BSD license
Date: 2000-12-29 22:10:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 23 Dec 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > FreeBSD has a freely available library called 'libedit' that could
> > be shipped with postgresql, it's under the BSD license.
>
> Yes, that is our solution if we have a real problem here.

Is there a reason *not* to move towards that for v7.2 so that the
functions we are making optional with readline are automatic?  Since we
could then ship the code, we could make it a standard vs optional
"feature" ...

My thought would be to put 'make history feaure standard using libedit'
onto the TODO list and take it from there ...