Introducing the PostgreSQL, Inc. Replication Server

From: Corporate Communications <pr(at)pgsql(dot)com>
To: Undisclosed recipients: ;
Subject: Introducing the PostgreSQL, Inc. Replication Server
Date: 2000-09-27 01:27:45
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

Wolfville, Nova Scotia PostgreSQL, Inc.
For Release 9 p.m. EDT PO Box 1648
Tuesday, September 26th, 2000 Wolfville, Nova Scotia
Canada, B0P 1X0
Phone 902 542 0713
Toll Free 1 877 542 0713
Fax 902 542 5386

Introducing the PostgreSQL, Inc. Replication Server

"When we announced our ongoing development of the PostgreSQL Enterprise
Replication Server (eRServer) last month I had no idea how great the
interest and demand for this would be." states CEO Geoff Davidson. "We
have received dozens of inquiries from customers, competitors, and
development companies asking for more information. Today I'm very pleased
to announce that the first prerelease version of eRServer has been
delivered for testing."

"At the moment we are limiting our test groups to our existing Platinum
Partners and those clients whose requirements include these features."
advises Jeff MacDonald, VP of Support Services. "We expect to have the
source code tested and ready to contribute to the open source community
before the middle of October. Until that time we are considering requests
from a number of development companies and venture capital groups to join
us in this process."

Davidson explains, "These initial Replication functions are important to
almost every commercial user of PostgreSQL. While we've fully funded all
of this development ourselves, we will be immediately donating these
capabilities to the open source PostgreSQL Global Development Project as
part of our ongoing commitment to the PostgreSQL community."

This initial release of eRServer is intended to support companies and
individuals in development of applications that require the following
functions and capabilities:
* Server to Client Replication
* Data Merge [PostgreSQL to PostgreSQL]
* Data Converge [ODBC/other to PostgreSQL]
* Mirroring & Disaster Recovery
* Test Regions for development & scenario activities
* Full & Differential Replication [backup / update]
* Data Hierarchy Replication [need to know distributions]

Jeff MacDonald Marc Fournier Thomas Lockhart
* 1 877 542 0713 * 1 877 542 0713 * thomas(at)pgsql(dot)com
* jeff(at)pgsql(dot)com * marc(at)pgsql(dot)com

Geoff Davidson eRServer Info:
* 1 416 410 4124 ext. 1 www.eRServer.com
* geoff(at)pgsql(dot)com

For a copy of this document in PDF format go to:
http://www.pgsql.com/press/Pgsql_Inc_Press-5.pdf