PostgreSQL, Inc. and Westcoast Interchange Partner

From: Corporate Communications <pr(at)pgsql(dot)com>
To: Undisclosed recipients: ;
Subject: PostgreSQL, Inc. and Westcoast Interchange Partner
Date: 2000-09-08 14:31:39
Lists: pgsql-announce

Wolfville, Nova Scotia
For Release September 8th, 2000

PostgreSQL, Inc. and Westcoast Interchange Partner on Integrated Oracle &
PostgreSQL Small Enterprise Solution

"I'm pleased to announce that PostgreSQL Inc. and our partners at
Westcoast Interchange Enterprises (WIE) have begun work on the Small
Enterprise Professional Information & Contact Knowledgebase (SePICK)"
reports PostgreSQL, Inc. CEO Geoff Davidson. "As a commercial extension
of our Open Source personal contact management application, (PgPICK),
SePICK will provide small to mid-size companies with an integrated data
warehouse for tracking inventory, production, sales, service, and
distribution. Small businesses represent a major IT constituency that are
currently priced out of the market by more powerful mainstream DBMS
applications."

"Oracle has a well-earned position as the Market Leader in large scale
Database and B2B solutions," notes Patrick Hunt, Director of Business
Development at Westcoast Interchange. "As an Oracle Certified Solutions
Provider, WIE has supported major government and industry clients since
1994. What this project enables WIE to provide new clients with are
affordable entry-level solutions. We're proud and excited about offering
clients the best of both worlds. PostgreSQL's low cost scalable open
source Object-based Relational DataBase Management System (ORDBMS) is the
perfect solution for millions of small and mid-size companies many of
which have out-grown their entry level systems and want to take full
advantage of the data mining capabilities that are essential for the
successful implementation of eCommerce and B2B markets Enterprise Systems.
SePICK will enable these enterprises to benefit from fully integrated
information systems at an affordable price."

"Since 'Oracle software powers the internet'," says Davidson, "our goal
is to give that power to more of the people. We will offer entry level,
scalable, open source solutions, starting in 2001 with release versions of
both our SePICK and PgPICK applications."

For a copy of this Press Release in PDF electronic format, please go to:
http://www.pgsql.com/press/Pgsql_Inc_Press-3.PDF

Contact Information:
Jeff MacDonald
1 877 542 0713