Re: Indexed documentation

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: bert hubert <ahu(at)ds9a(dot)nl>
Cc: udmsearch(at)hub(dot)org, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Indexed documentation
Date: 2000-08-22 15:43:59
Lists: pgsql-docs
On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, bert hubert wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 09:41:58PM -0300, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> >
> > tried ht/Dig in the past, hated it passionately and have been working with
> > the UDMSearch folks since we started using it to work on speed issues by
> > optimizing their use of non-MySQL databases ...
>
> It was exactly the same here - I hated it passionately.  It turns out that
> programs can improve while you're not looking :-)

personally, I like supporting software that makes use of PostgreSQL, and
offering both suggestions and patches on how to improve performance of
said software ... *shrug*  UDMsearch is reasonably fast for single word
searches, but their methods of doing multiword sucks, but that is based on
their MySQL roots, as subselects, I've found, would cut down query times
on multi-word search by 1/3 in some cases ...

The problem, as with most projects, is finding the time to implement the
theory ...