Re: puzzled by the docs

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Hernan Gonzalez <hgonzal(at)sinectis(dot)com(dot)ar>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: puzzled by the docs
Date: 2000-06-27 15:37:57
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> Hernan Gonzalez <hgonzal(at)sinectis(dot)com(dot)ar> writes:
> > The PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide which appears on the web
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/admin/index.html
> > is fairly different from the one which is packed with
> > the 7.0.2 distribution.
>
> > Which is the good one?
>
> The files appearing under http://www.postgresql.org/docs/ are a
> snapshot of current development, not the docs that go with the
> most recent release. Any changes you see are work that will be
> in the next major release (ie, 7.1).
>
> We have been planning to rearrange the website so that the main
> docs page shows the most recent release, and the development
> snapshot appears someplace else, but I guess Vince hasn't got
> round to it yet ...
>
> regards, tom lane

http://www.Postgresql.org/users-lounge/index.html

"Vince hasn't got round to it yet" 'cuze after the disk crash they
weren't regenerated right away. I see now they have been but the
URL was changed. That's now fixed. If I get "round to it" later
I'll add a link from somewhere.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com