Re: 6.5 and 7.0 docs

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 6.5 and 7.0 docs
Date: 2000-05-16 15:06:18
Lists: pgsql-docs
On Tue, 16 May 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > While we're at it, can we regen 6.5 and 7.0's docs for the user's lounge?
> > I thought I checked them into cvs last week, apparantly I didn't.  :(
>
> That's OK. You may want to consider *not* checking them in at all,
> since they are, in principle, recoverable from the distro tarballs.
>
> I couldn't recall the exact layout, but have placed v6.5 and v7.0 docs
> tarballs, ps, and html files in users-lounge/docs/{v6.5,v7.0},
> respectively. Perhaps I could write a script which you could put into
> cvs to help unpack the distro tarballs and extract the relevant docs
> files.
>
> Looks like a doxlist.html is missing from the lounge area? And as a
> style point, could/should the directory be labeled "doc" rather than
> "docs" to be consistant with the tarball labeling? I recall "docs"
> being used before, so went with that for now.

Directory names aren't set in stone yet.  About the only objection I'd
have at this point is if someone chose a dir name that was a pain to
type!!

> I have not yet replaced the developer's stuff, and would propose doing
> that with the autogenerated files sometime soon.

For me,  "soon"  is nearing next week.  Tomorrow AM I'm gone for the
week.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com    http://www.pop4.net
 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking